[users] Dropping the repotag

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Sat Mar 17 17:50:02 CET 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Well. Using tags to keep you from organising files into proper
> directories is not a very good selling argument in my case.
Files need different filenames in order to be organized in a filesystem.
Put all of you .rpm in one folder and you will get in trouble.

I think files must have unique names when they are unique.

Having  2 complete different files with the same name in different
directories can't help much.

Thats why we need repotags or something to indentify files only
by its filenames.

Another option could be to have release numbers range, from 1 to
10000 is from one repo, from 10001 to 20000 is from another repo,
etc. But then you need to have a convertion table at hand in order to
translate the numbers to repo.

My 2 cents

Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver