[users] RPMforge website (was Re: SRPM for 3ddesktop-0.2.9-1 ?)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 23 01:47:49 CET 2007

Kjeldgaard Morten wrote:

>>> The rpmforge website needs to DIE !
>>
>> Ouch.  Maybe it just needs to be upgraded a bit more often, or point
>> more directly to whatever the correct places are ...
>
> I second that. Why not install MediaWiki or some such, and get some
> people involved in maintaining the website? It is important for RPMforge
> to have a website. This is what new users will be looking for when
> wanting to use the repo. At the very least, there must be instructions
> of how to use the repo, and a list of packages.

Hi Morten,

I am happy to take on the responsibility to install and run the wiki,
are you willing to take on the role of managing it ?

And I agree, the rpmforge.net website is in quite a state and can use
some love. A wiki would be a good place to start from, and can happen
orthogonal to the site being updated and reformed.

- KB