[users] MailScanner request

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu May 24 11:17:07 CEST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>>> The MailScanner software (http://www.mailscanner.info/downloads.html) is
>>> not yet on rpmforge.
>>
>> The author of that app has specifically asked for packagers to not
>> include it in any repository.
>
> Was that recently? I brought the issue up on the MailScanner mailinglist
> this week and did not get any response anywehere near your statement.

Julian is often active in the Mailscanner channel on irc.freenode.net -
you might want to ask him there directly perhaps. I've chased this with
him a lot a few years back, and then finally gave up early last year ( I
know its been a while, but his stance seemed unchanging ).

Essentially, his interest is in tracking usage and download destinations
etc, more than anything else.

- KB