[suggest] colordiff added to repo

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Nov 17 00:33:59 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Could colordiff:
>
> http://colordiff.sourceforge.net/
>
> please be added to the repo? as you have cdiff (which I can't get to work at
> all) and colordiff pulled from Fedora (I use SL4.5 so need the FC5 RPM):
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/i386/
>
> works fine and contains cdiff already:

cdiff colors the output from diff, so it is not a diff tool, it colors the
output.

	diff -u filea.txt fileb.txt | cdiff

> # rpm -ql colordiff
> /etc/colordiffrc
> /usr/bin/cdiff
> /usr/bin/colordiff
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/BUGS
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/CHANGES
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/COPYING
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/README
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/colordiffrc-darkbg
> /usr/share/doc/colordiff-1.0.5/colordiffrc-lightbg
> /usr/share/man/man1/colordiff.1.gz
>
> Fedora 8 has colordiff as part of it's package collection now, but this is so
> useful it would be ideal to have it for el3, el4, el5.
>
> Much appreciated.

I think so too that it would be useful, but given the fact that cdiff
already is packaged in package 'cdiff' and I don't want to risk any future
conflicts on this one, I prefer not to package it.

Can you make a comparison of cdiff from the cdiff package and this new one ?
It seems to be configurable (and probably has more options too.