[users] Perl package update

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Nov 19 10:45:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I finally finished the Perl package update of the existing +-2.000 Perl
packages that we provide. We now have the tools to track the Perl packages
in RPMforge and bring them to the latest version.

There remain about 10.000 Perl packages that are not yet packaged. We
prefer to only package Perl packages that are a dependency to existing
packages, that are updated frequently or those that are being requested by
our users. We tend to think that is the sane way to handle this situation
:) So if you have a need for a specific Perl package, just let us know.

On another front we have renamed the 'dist' tag now as 'dtag'. This is
because Fedora started to use the same macro but gave it a slightly
different (and incompatible) use. Since we want to avoid any confusion to
what we use this tag, we finally decided to rename it.

Kind regards,