[suggest] ProFTPD v1.3.1 stable released

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Sun Oct 7 04:29:16 CEST 2007

Hi Dag,

> > > Yeah, I just ran it through a test server without any validation.
> >
> > After validation, all patches are included, so no patches are required !
> >
> > Additionally I fixed the build to work on RHEL3 and RH9. (we still ship
> > a vulnerable old 1.2 for RH7 and RHEL2 though)
>
> The good news is that I added conditionals to make it work on RH7
> and EL2 as well. So these packages are available. The sad news is
> that there is a weird problem with the RHEL3 i386 and RH9 build.

Are there any people still interested in these releases?

> If someone can reproduce this (or not) let me know. I have no clue
> what is causing this.

The oldest server I have is an SL3 server which acted as my "rsync backup"
server in its day it was production. I turn on maybe once every 3 months,
usually when I need some very old data off it.

RHEL3 may still be worthwhile supporting, but RH9 and EL2?

Checking your webpage you also seem to do fc1, fc2, fc3.

I mirror your repo my end, so I wonder how much disk space these take up?

I think these days especially with the FC1/2/3 users, they would have switched
up to the latest Fedora releases by now. Maybe it's worth your while just
dropping it so you don't have to waste time supporting them when no one is
actually using them anymore.

Maybe you can ask the question to users?

> The SPEC file in subversion has been updated and the new packages are
> finding their way to the mirrors.

Thanks Dag.

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------