[suggest] Stack of cpan2rpm Perl modules for submission

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:52:28 CEST 2007

I've got a whole stack of roughly 50 CPAN modules, assembled for RHEL 4
for some projects and for RHEL 5 for projects like Musicbrainz, at a
contract job I'm doing.  I'd love to get these into RPMforge so that
this worksite can avoid having to deal with their own repositories. Is
the cpan2rpm generated format acceptable? And can we get cpan2rpm
(available as SRPM from www.arix.com/cpan2rpm) into RPMforge, as well?

In fact, there is a cute little web interface there for using cpan2rpm
on *their* machine and generating .spec files and SRPM's. They can be
requested at http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/, and wind up at
http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ftp/SRPMS/