[suggest] Stack of cpan2rpm Perl modules for submission

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Oct 7 13:18:07 CEST 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I've got a whole stack of roughly 50 CPAN modules, assembled for RHEL 4 for
> some projects and for RHEL 5 for projects like Musicbrainz, at a contract job
> I'm doing.  I'd love to get these into RPMforge so that this worksite can
> avoid having to deal with their own repositories. Is the cpan2rpm generated
> format acceptable? And can we get cpan2rpm (available as SRPM from
> www.arix.com/cpan2rpm) into RPMforge, as well?
>
> In fact, there is a cute little web interface there for using cpan2rpm on
> *their* machine and generating .spec files and SRPM's. They can be requested
> at http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/, and wind up at
> http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ftp/SRPMS/

In itself the format is acceptable, but since we have our own script to
generate perl SPEC files and since we maintain them in batch from time to
time, I would prefer to have them in the format we are using for all the
perl SPEC files.

However, this will take some time to do :)

Thanks for the feedback !