[suggest] Stack of cpan2rpm Perl modules for submission

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Oct 8 02:52:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I've got a whole stack of roughly 50 CPAN modules, assembled for RHEL 4 for
> some projects and for RHEL 5 for projects like Musicbrainz, at a contract job
> I'm doing.  I'd love to get these into RPMforge so that this worksite can
> avoid having to deal with their own repositories. Is the cpan2rpm generated
> format acceptable? And can we get cpan2rpm (available as SRPM from
> www.arix.com/cpan2rpm) into RPMforge, as well?
>
> In fact, there is a cute little web interface there for using cpan2rpm on
> *their* machine and generating .spec files and SRPM's. They can be requested
> at http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/, and wind up at
> http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ftp/SRPMS/

Ok, unfortunately, I think I got your whole mail wrong. I though the SRPMs
at that link were the ones you requested to have. Not so, I guess :/

So I packaged another 45 perl modules for fun :)

Can you send me a list of all the modules you would like to see packaged
in RPMforge ? I will let my script go over them and then manually fix the
descriptions and %files sets like I did with those new 45 packages.

If I have the time tomorrow, I will do it then, but I can not promise
anything.

Kind regards,