[suggest] Stack of cpan2rpm Perl modules for submission

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:59:01 CEST 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Ok, unfortunately, I think I got your whole mail wrong. I though the SRPMs
> at that link were the ones you requested to have. Not so, I guess :/
>
> So I packaged another 45 perl modules for fun :)
>
> Can you send me a list of all the modules you would like to see packaged
> in RPMforge ? I will let my script go over them and then manually fix the
> descriptions and %files sets like I did with those new 45 packages.

Ooofff. That's work. One of the key packages is Catalyst::Runtime, which
replaces the older "Catalyst" package, and has a fascinating dependency
tree.

I could mail a stack of .spec files from my existing SRPM's for projects
for RHEL 4, and a separate set for the ones used for projects in RHEL 5.
Where I work, it's sometimes necessary to get a lot of approval for
little projects that might in anyway be visible to the outside world, so
I'm trying to publish my .spec files gracefully. If you give me a hint
as to what tool you use now for building Perl modules, I could perhaps
do the conversion to your desired format on this end.