[suggest] Stack of cpan2rpm Perl modules for submission

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Oct 8 10:41:22 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Ok, unfortunately, I think I got your whole mail wrong. I though the SRPMs
> > at that link were the ones you requested to have. Not so, I guess :/
> >
> > So I packaged another 45 perl modules for fun :)
> >
> > Can you send me a list of all the modules you would like to see packaged
> > in RPMforge ? I will let my script go over them and then manually fix the
> > descriptions and %files sets like I did with those new 45 packages.
> >
> Ooofff. That's work. One of the key packages is Catalyst::Runtime, which
> replaces the older "Catalyst" package, and has a fascinating dependency tree.

Ouch, I remember spending a lot of time with those and I think that series
still has problems :(

> I could mail a stack of .spec files from my existing SRPM's for projects for
> RHEL 4, and a separate set for the ones used for projects in RHEL 5. Where I
> work, it's sometimes necessary to get a lot of approval for little projects
> that might in anyway be visible to the outside world, so I'm trying to publish
> my .spec files gracefully. If you give me a hint as to what tool you use now
> for building Perl modules, I could perhaps do the conversion to your desired
> format on this end.

Just a list of perl module names (or the package names) is sufficient.
For those that fail we can still look at your SPEC files, but you don't
need to get approval to give me a list of perl module names, I hope :)

The tool I use is here:

	http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/dar/dar-perl.py

Kind regards,