[users] Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.64.3 released (fwd)

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Tue Oct 2 14:13:23 CEST 2007

Hi Hugo,

> I think this point is clear. So there is no restriction to add
> MailScanner to the repository.

That's excellent news, I've been using MailScanner for many years and normally
have to compile it from the install.sh included (which goes through and
compiles many src.rpm perl modules and installs).

Almost all the perl modules MailScanner uses I get from rpmforge, so when the
install.sh script finds the module installed, it skips that part of the
compilation process.

Of course, with rpmforge supplying the MailScanner RPM, with dependencies
built into the spec, then this 15-20 minute upgraded per server process just
vanishes, as an RPM update is much easier to install from than the install.sh
script.

I'm very happy with the news below, hopefully Dag/Dries can supply it.

BTW, MailScanner 4.64.8 is the latest stable that I'm using.

Regards,

Michael.