[users] Clash of 2 SPF packages

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Thu Oct 4 11:49:11 CEST 2007

Hi Hugo,

> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Michael Mansour wrote:
>
> >> I need both Mail::SPF and Mail::SPF::Query for sa-update to work properly.
> >> (sa-update is part of spamassassin.)
> >
> > I'm not sure where you got this information from but it is completely
> > incorrect. I use sa-update and do not require both the packages you're
> > referring to, as a matter of fact, SpamAssassin themselves only advise you to
> > use the perl-Mail-SPF (Mail::SPF) package since it follows the current
> > reference implementation RFC 4408, which Mail::SPF::Query does not.
> >
> > You can visit the SpamAssassin website for those details.
> >
> > In summary, only install perl-Mail-SPF from rpmforge and do not install
> > perl-Mail-SPF-Query.
>
> So sa-update as packaged in spamassassin is broken?

Not at all, when you run:

spamassassin -D --lint

you'll see the same "require failed" message, yet that doesn't mean it's
broken and it doesn't mean you have to install it.

Just install perl-Mail-SPF from rpmforge, make sure the loadplugin line in
your init.pre file is uncommented, and then run your -D on sa-update or
spamasssassin to see that it's loaded.

You don't need anything else after that.

Regards,

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------