[users] Clash of 2 SPF packages

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Oct 4 19:43:00 CEST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > That said, I wouldn't mind removing spfquery from one of the packages in
> > order to allow both packages to be co-installed. I would prefer to remove
> > it from perl-Mail-SPF-Query. Anyone minds ?
>
> Isn't that counter intuitive? The package name after all suggests .... SPF
> Query?

Right, but the tool in perl-Mail-SPF-Query is from february 2006, while
the one from perl-Mail-SPF is from may 2007.

Besides the name is not always the best indication. At least perl-Mail-SPF
is a more correct and complete implementation and therefor is more likely
to provide better results.

I still ship spfquery and spfd from perl-Mail-SPF-Query, but in
/usr/share/doc/ instead.