[users] perl-MIME-Base64 upgrade problem

Tomáš Lašťovička aquarius at lamer.cz
Thu Oct 11 10:06:21 CEST 2007

Oops, I've sent this reply by mistake only to Dag, so once again...

Dne st 10. října 2007 Dag Wieers napsal(a):
> Yes, perl-MIME-Base64 is part of the base perl package and as such there
> is no point in installing it. So for now I would say, do not do that :)

Many thanks... I have discovered what caused the problem...

The machine is a server which was configured by three people and one of them
compiled perl rpms by hand to satisfy mailscanner... Indeed he didn't know
anything about yum configuration on that particular machine and his linux
skills are focused towards Debian anyway...

Later investigation took me to evil install.sh script in Mailscanner, which
attempts to install some rpm packages with --force parameter. Is there some
chance to add Mailscanner to rpmforge as someone suggested last week?

Thanks for your help.

Tomas Lastovicka