[users] grip on centos5 x86_64

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Fri Oct 19 22:20:37 CEST 2007

hi

I am trying to use grip on an x86_64 (intel core 2 duo) system under
centOS 5.
I use grip-3.2.0-2.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
just about everything on this box comes from stock centOS5 or rpmforge,
and all packages are x86_64 except the browser related stuff.

However, right after ripping and before starting to encode (with lame),
grip systematically dies on me.

as far as I can remember, this didn't happen with the same hardware
under centos4.

I've downloaded the src.rpm from rpmforge along with all required x86_64
devel packages, and while trying to debug this issue I found that when
changing the -O option in CFLAGS from -O2 (the default) to -O1, it fixes
the problem...

Is grip x86_64 working for anyone on centos5?

otherwise this seems like a quick work-around, although I don't know if
it's easy to implement in the rpm spec

cheers
ntm