[suggest] clamav update?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Apr 17 13:38:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Robert - elists wrote:

> Would it be possible to freshen the clamav rpm set please?
>
> Rcent update in the last week or so.

The current mirror set up makes it very slow to push updates. (Slower than
the old mirror setup).

I pushed the new package as soon as I heard about the problem, but the
metadata is generated on the main mirror only ones a day. And we are now
waiting for HEAnet to pick up everything else.

HEAnet's rsync has the tendency to freeze under the system's load and is
unreliable as hell.

I will ask Matthias to increase the frequency a bit. It now syncs every 4
hours, but the new metadata was only generated around 10:30 and HEAnet
syncs at 8am and now at 12am GMT.

I see it is pulling its stuff now.

We are busy migrating away from HEAnet, but currently we are not there
yet. And sadly everything falls down on my neck and I am swamped with
other work :-/