[users] Clamav 0.93 rpm

Gordon Dickens gordon at dickens.com
Mon Apr 21 15:44:58 CEST 2008

Yum and apt-get are currently downloading the ClamAV 0.93 RPM from
RPMforge, however, the RPM does not appear to install everything.  Among
other things, clamd and /etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav are never installed from
that RPM.  At least that is the case on my CentOS 5 machines and I have
attempted the install several times. I browsed through the
clamav_0.93-2.el5.rf_i386.rpm file and neither clamd nor
/etc/init.d/clamav appear to be included in that RPM. I am fairly
certain that clamd is supposed to be included since it is mentioned
prominently in clamav's 0.93 announcement which I have included below.

Am I missing something?  If so, then I send my humble apologies up
front.  Otherwise, please advise as to the correct way to install this
rpm so that it includes clamd and /etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav.

FYI,

Gordon Dickens