[suggest] Re: nvi 1.79

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Thu Jan 10 09:28:46 CET 2008

Mikel

Am Donnerstag, den 10.01.2008, 09:02 +0100 schrieb Mikel Ward:
> I haven't advised anybody to do so. :-)
Fine. But is the point of setting up alternatives then?

> I agree with you about /bin, however.  I'm working on a version that
> installs nvi into /bin right now.

Well _my opinion_ ( so don't give to much about that ;) )  is that you
should use %_bindir, whatever that is set to.  And btw there is also %
_mandir and %datadir so your files section could be:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc README LICENSE FAQ
%_bindir/nex
%_bindir/nvi
%_bindir/nview
%_mandir/man1/nex.1.gz
%_mandir/man1/nvi.1.gz
%_mandir/man1/nview.1.gz
%_datadir/vi

Look no hardcoded paths isn't that nice :) Of course you'd have to
change the configure line too:

./configure --prefix=%_prefix --mandir=%_mandir --program-prefix=n
--disable-curses

or you could just use the %configure macro

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach