[users] perl-PDF-API2 broken?

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Mon Jan 21 16:11:20 CET 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 12:27:55 pm Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Michael Mansour wrote:
> >> Although I still "need" it to install correctly on the el5 server,
> >> Dries
> >> seemed to indicate this was not a "real" error from the RPM but
> >> from perl, so
> >> you could just force install it I think.
> >
> > The rpm autorequires/autoprovides seems to throw in a strange
> > dependency
> > there. I've skimmed through the source yesterday, but cannot find the
> > piece of documentation or module which adds that requirement.
> >
> > Should be something like "Use the;" somewhere.
>
> "Use the Force;" maybe? :o)

close :-)

It's the sentence "use the newer PAM format." on line 393 in
lib/PDF/API2/Resource/XObject/Image/PNM.pm.

The following perl oneliner should 'fix' this (all on 1 line) by changing this
to uppercase:
%{__perl} -pi.orig -e 's|use the newer|Use the newer|g;'
lib/PDF/API2/Resource/XObject/Image/PNM.pm

You can see this in the spec file at:
http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/perl-PDF-API2/perl-PDF-API2.spec

You can see which file in an rpm requires a certain requirement with the
following command:
rpm -q --filerequire -p perl-PDF-API2*.rpm

The current rpm packages at
http://apt.sw.be/dries/packages/perl-PDF-API2/perl-PDF-API2/ should not
require "perl(the)" anymore.

kind regards,