[users] Transaction Check Error

Tom G. Christensen tgc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jul 1 09:28:43 CEST 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Brandon Amaro wrote:
> | I totally agree with you. Similar problems exist for the PHP PEAR
> | packages. I'm wondering if someone tested the packages before putting
> | them in the repo...
>
> The perl-IO package is not part of the repository.

If I'm reading things right then yes it is. Note the .rf tag, the
specific package mentioned here is the one from rpmforge and not the one
shipped with MailScanner (atleast not in MS 4.70.7 which is what I've
checked).

> I know it from
> MailScanner and it's conflicts are a recurring theme on the mailinglist.
> It is installed with the --force option by the MailScanner wrapper.

Same problem, different packages.

> I hope to provide a better solution later this month with an up-to-date
> repository for MailScanner and a split perl-IO package.

Ahh, with manpages in a seperate package? oops yes found your mail on
the MS list. However that issue should probably have been raised here on
rpmforge-users since it concerns an rpmforge package? (.rf tag)

A repository tailored for MailScanner sounds like a good idea.
I even somewhat agree with shuttlebox (aka Peter, the blastwave
maintainer) that the community should step up to maintain the RPM
packaged version of MailScanner.
But perhaps less will do, a repository with perl module packages
tailored for MailScanner would be a good start.

-tgc