[users] Strange results on CentOS 5.2

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:50:09 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> That is actually something we should test _and_ request from the
> fastestmirror plugin. And it would not be bad if yum itself would stick to
> the same IP.

Agreed, I will do some checking and file a bug with them (as time permits).

One quick and effective workaround would be list two different names
for mirrors with two IPs.

In that case:

$ host rpmfind.net
rpmfind.net has address 194.199.20.114
rpmfind.net has address 195.220.108.108

$ host fr.rpmfind.net
fr.rpmfind.net has address 194.199.20.114
$ host fr2.rpmfind.net
fr2.rpmfind.net has address 195.220.108.108

Replacing the line with rpmfind.net with two lines, one with
fr.rpmfind.net and the other with fr2.rpmfind.net, seems a good idea
to me. I did a quick check and using the other names (which might be
different virtual hosts) seems to work fine, at least from the browser
to see the list of packages.

Filipe