[users] Youtube-dl not working

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 02:03:05 CEST 2008

Is there an update for this?  I got the L&G, which is dated
2008/06/08, which I would have expected still to work, but I get the
error screen when it tries to get the URL parameters:

Retrieving video webpage... done.
Extracting video URL parameters... failed.
Error: unable to extract URL parameters.
Try again several times. It may be a temporal problem.
Other typical problems:

        Video no longer exists.
        Video requires age confirmation but you did not provide an account.
        You provided the account data, but it is not valid.
        The connection was cut suddenly for some reason.
        YouTube changed their system, and the program no longer works.

Try to confirm you are able to view the video using a web browser.
Use the same video URL and account information, if needed, with this program.
Try again several times and contact me if the problem persists.

Thanks.

mhr