[suggest] request for multiple perl modules

Peter Willis pwillis at cbs.com
Wed Jun 18 21:40:23 CEST 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Peter Willis wrote:
>
>> Ralph Angenendt wrote:

>>> AFAIR that one needs liboci.so (at least). So I don't think it can be
>>> packaged for rpmforge, can it?
>>
>> I currently package the oracle instantclient libraries (free
>> download) and link against those. I know it works with 10.2.0.x
>> instantclient versions anyway... It's a bit of a bastard to set up so
>> if you wanted to skip that one I could maintain it myself, or I could
>> post my .spec and Makefile.PL patches for both.
>
> This we could ship as a nosrc RPM package and I can make it available
> in my build environment. If you have more information (link,
> procedure, SPEC file), please send it to me...
>
> Kind regards,
Attached are my .specs for the instantclient and DBD::Oracle and some
source files to build DBD::Oracle (patched Makefile.PL and a perlreq
filter). The makefile there may be a much better way of working around,
but I use this patch... You'll want to modify it so "/usr/local" becomes
"/usr" (a relic from my solaris build)