[suggest] perl modules with conflicting man pages

Peter Willis pwillis at cbs.com
Mon Jun 30 18:39:57 CEST 2008

I haven't yet researched the exact requirements of the dependent modules
but I think they are built because newer versions are required to obtain
new functionality/support for other 3rd-party modules. I think if they
aren't built the other modules will not build/install, which if true
would simply block support for those 3rd-party modules.

Would changing the mandir to /usr/local/share/man be an acceptable fix?
If it's not already in the default MANPATH you could add an
/etc/profile.d/manpath.[c]sh which added it. For bindir files you could
rename those files (for the few perl modules that install files into
bindir) with a ".new" extension and add a %post section that for each
non-symlink file on a system which matched the original file name, mv
the file to file.bak and symlink the file.new to the base file name.

I'll first find out if upgrading these modules is required for any
3rd-party modules already in rpmforge and reply to the list with the
results.