[users] apt: pinning repos

Arturo Diaz Rosemberg arturodr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:17:31 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 09:24, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <
Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I want to use pinning with apt on centos5, but I can't figure out the
> syntax. Most documentation is very debian-centric... I don't know what to
> use to identify my repos: Archive, Component, Origin, Label...?

 I'm currently using Origin

> Basically I want my package to always come from centos if centos has it;
> otherwise if it's in rpmforge take it from there; and as a last resort get
> it in arrfab's repo, epel or other 3rd party repos.
> Does anybody have a working example of /etc/apt/preferences for this kind
> of scenario?

I'm using only two repos: centos and rpmforge, my /etc/apt/preferences looks
like this:

Package: *
Pin: origin apt.sw.be
Pin-Priority: 400

The default priority is 500 so apt will prefer any package from centos. You
could add more repos the same way.

Regards,
--
Arturo Díaz Rosemberg