[users] nvidia-x11-drv-173.08-1.beta problems

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at verizon.net
Sat Jun 28 05:11:50 CEST 2008

$ uname -r
2.6.18-92.1.6.el5

$ cat redhat-release
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)

Hi All,

    I previously have been running the nVidia driver
from nVidia's website: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run

    Seeing nvidia-x11-drv-173.08-1.beta.el5.rf.i386.rpm
on RPM forge was exciting, as we now have an RPM.

    So, after installing it and rebooting, I
get a blank screen and two blinking lights on
my keyboard: Cap Locks and Scroll Lock

    Dropping to "init 3" (edited inittab with
my rescue disk), I "rpm -e" the rpm and reinstalled
it.  Same symptom.

    Rebooting, and "rpm -e" the RPM and reinstalling
nVidia's driver corrected the problem.

    Rats!  I was looking forward to using the RPM.

-T