[users] Re: perl-HTML-Tagset 3.20 among others

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Mar 3 23:20:44 CET 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Aaron Stanford wrote:

> I'm sorry; should've started out properly.
>
> Specifically, the following link:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-HTML-Tagset/perl-HTML-Tagset-3.20-1.rf.src.rpm(or
> el4 or el5, etc.)
>
> is really a pointer to:
>
> http://apt.sw.be/packages/perl-HTML-Tagset/perl-HTML-Tagset-3.20-1.rf.src.rpm
>
> which doesn't exist.  This is the same for many of the newly updated
> packages, such as syslinux.  Perhaps an issue with the build process?

No, the problem is related to HEAnet, apparently they only pulled in the
metadata but not the RPMs. I have no clue why and no means of fixing it
except hoping that it automatically resolves itself the next time it
syncs.

My directory index is based on the packages that are available on my own
system where HEAnet rsyncs from. And you get redirected to HEAnet for the
actual download because my server cannot handle the bandwidth for such
downloads.

That is why the file is in the index but fails to be downloaded from
HEAnet. The reason why up2date (or yum or apt) have problems is because
the metadat did get updated, but not the RPM packages.

This is another weird error caused by HEAnet :-/