[users] Newer version of apcupsd

Geert Janssens info at kobaltwit.be
Tue Mar 4 12:01:14 CET 2008

Hmm,

Today I intended to build the apcupsd package with the spec as updated by
Dries, but my lack of experience shows...

Can someone help me get started ?
I found the new spec via rpmforge's svn. But now what ?

Is there some documentation available on how the rpmforge packages are best
rebuilt ?

Just for reference, I also looked at the spec from the source rpm on apcupsd's
own download page. This spec is quite different from the rpmforge spec.
Should I bother with this ? A number of the differences in the apcupsd's own
spec:
- it mentions a number of additional build requires
- some of these (build) requires mention explicit minimal version numbers
- there are two resulting packages in it: apcupsd and multimon
- there are a lot of conditionals for different distributions
- it has some cleanup code to deal with older installs
- it has (obviously) a completly different changelog

I am willing to help with getting the most recent version of apcupsd in
rpmforge, but as said before, I will need some help getting started.

Regards,

Geert

P.S. I manage a number of servers and desktops running centos 5 and fc8.
Especially for centos 5 I have had to rebuild a number of packages. I
wouldn't mind contributing these builds to rpmforge should there be interest
in it. I suppose I will first have to learn the rpmforge way of doing things,
of course :-)