[users] Problems with updating

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Mar 4 13:15:11 CET 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> I am having weird problems with updating today. Tried "yum clean all"
> that usually fixes such problems to not avail. See transcript of my
> session below.

HEAnet is having problems again. For some reason they still offer files
(repoview) that have been removed a few weeks back. And for some reason
they did update the metadata but not the packages (which cannot happen if
the update process was using --delay-updates). And that is in this case
the result of yum trying to update packages that are not available (while
they should have).

I think they once again have major NFS problems.

But, I have no access to that system and that system is used by all
the other mirrors. So we are basicly doomed... until it gets fixed.