[users] Problems with munin package

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Sun Mar 9 18:40:09 CET 2008

Hello,

I installed munin on CentOS 5 today, but found problems with the
package:

- In /etc/munin/munin.conf htmldir is set to /var/www/html/munin by
default. This directory does not exist.
- The package does create /var/www/munin, which is also what /etc/
httpd/conf.d/munin.conf is referring too.
- I changed the htmldir to /var/www/munin, but then munin still does
not work as the munin user needs to be able to write to the htmldir.
- I changed the ownership of /var/www/munin and /var/www/munin/
style.css from root:root to munin:munin (I checked an install on
Debian and /var/www/munin was used there as well for the htmldir and
owned by munin:munin)

After these changes things started working.

Nils Breunese.