[users] RPMforge status update

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Mar 12 10:23:28 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 00:42 -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Glad to hear the server issues are getting solved.
>
> On Mar 5, 2008, at 08:20, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > ### Authoritative
> > #nick tag  arch    dir           author  own yum apt md tag2     desc
> > fc8a  fc8  x86_64  fedora/8      dries   y   n   y   y  -
> > Fedora Core 8
> > fc8i  fc8  i386    fedora/8      dries   y   n   y   y  -
> > Fedora Core 8
>
> I may be the only one who doesn't get this, but could you clarify the
> own/yum/apt/md/tag2 columns?
>
> e.g. does this mean you won't be building yum repo metatdata for
> Fedora 8?  That would make doing upgrades and such quite hard, as I
> know how to do it, but maybe I'm misunderstanding.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill
No, that only means that such release doesn't need the old style yum
metadata (understand yum-arch) and only createrepo ... at least that's
what i've understood from the converstation i had with Dag about the
same question .. ;-)

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by