[users] fuse-davfs bug?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Mar 14 04:39:20 CET 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I have not been able to access the IEEE 802.11 webdav server with mount -t
> davfs but can access it with cadaver.  The URI is
> http://dav.mentor.ieee.org:80/
>
> One person on the IEEE list offered a patch.  Another person said that this
> server is trying to set a cookie and fuse.davfs does not support cookies.

Ok. I think this is fixed in davfs2 1.3.0. As far as I can see they
changed that part quite a bit. Backporting all the changes from 1.3.0 is
probably not worthwhile so I just added your patch.

I am sorry for not doing this earlier though.

Sadly davfs2 1.3.0 is impossible to build on RHEL5 or earlier because of
the old neon that shipws with RHEL5 and older. So we are stuck with 1.2.2
for the time being :-)

Thanks for the feedback,