[users] perl-Net-Packet package broken?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Mar 16 04:20:04 CET 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Henning Markussen wrote:

> In a process to install http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dnsdump/

Great. I added a package for dnsdump.

> There is a req. for
>    * Net::Pcap
>    * Net::Packet
>    * Net::DNS
>

> So I tried to install them via yum, but it breaks
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(v5.6.1) is needed by package perl-Net-Packet
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Net::Write::Layer2) is needed by package
> perl-Net-Packet
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Net::IPv6Addr) is needed by package
> perl-Net-Packet
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Net::Write::Layer4) is needed by package
> perl-Net-Packet
>
> Any ideas to if the error is in the package or on my system?

Not all dependencies are met, and there is a possible erroneous
requirement to perl(v5.6.1). I added a perl-Net-Write and a
perl-Net-IPv6Addr package just yet.

I am not sure how to get rid of the perl(v5.6.1) dependency, I would think
a "require v5.6.1" ought be handled correctly by the perl dependency
generator.