[users] IPMItool installation guide

Viswanath Thangamuthu, Bangalore VISWANATH.T at hcl.in
Tue Mar 18 12:25:32 CET 2008

Hi,

I installed ipmitool on Centos5.1 and the kernel version is
2.6.18-53.el5xen.When I executed ipmitool command got the following
error message.

root at COE:~# ipmitool sdr

Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No
such file or directory

Get Device ID command failed

Unable to open SDR for reading

If anyone has any idea why is it so.pls let me know. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Viswa.

DISCLAIMER: