[users] IPMItool installation guide

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue Mar 18 17:45:24 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 16:55 +0530, Viswanath Thangamuthu, Bangalore
wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I installed ipmitool on Centos5.1 and the kernel version is
> 2.6.18-53.el5xen.When I executed ipmitool command got the following
> error message.
>

> root at COE:~# ipmitool sdr
>
> Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0:
> No such file or directory
>
> Get Device ID command failed
>
> Unable to open SDR for reading
>

> If anyone has any idea why is it so.pls let me know. Thanks in advance

You didn't start the ipmi service ... and so the drivers are not
loaded ..
BTW, i think that posting such question to centos at centos.org is a better
idea than doing it in the RPMforge list ... ;-)

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by