[users] apt.sw.be looks dead from the UK and US

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Mar 20 18:32:37 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 21:01, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Not sure if there is much to be done about it, except wait for it
> to come back. in the mean time, I can see that the
> mirrorservice.org servers are working fine.

I assumed this was  the Cogent/Telia spat, but I can't get to it from
4 different providers in the US, none tracerouting through Cogent.

nmap says nothing in its /25 is reachable, though I do start to see
machines on its /24.

So, problem at the ISP, probably.

Unfortunately, the yum skip-broken plugin seems to not deal with the
case of a baseurl being unreachable.  It's possible that's a feature,
I haven't decided yet.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/