[users] apt.sw.be looks dead from the UK and US

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Mar 20 22:23:51 CET 2008

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2008, at 21:01, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Not sure if there is much to be done about it, except wait for it to
>> come back. in the mean time, I can see that the mirrorservice.org
>> servers are working fine.
>
> I assumed this was  the Cogent/Telia spat, but I can't get to it from 4
> different providers in the US, none tracerouting through Cogent.

ummm no, apt.sw.be is on heanet.ie - a network we all love to hate, and
love to bits anyway. Its supposedly the largest mirror site around for
sf.net and for a _lot_ of projects.

Which also makes it an interesting playground for devel and testing
builds of apache.httpd and other bits of software. Which in turns means,
that its broken, often.