[users] apt.sw.be looks dead from the UK and US

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Mar 22 22:23:02 CET 2008

David,

David Hrbáč wrote:
>> I am presently working with Dag on this issue - with the aim being to
>> have a slightly more robust apt.sw.be setup in place.
> if you are going to make something new, maybe we can have something more
> robust and per region. I can offer some 158.196.x.x.

Yes, I had a server which was not being used, that was thrown into
production as apt.sw.be - and that, very incosiderate of the machine,
decided to die on us about 15 minutes back.

And yes, mirrors would be much appreciated. I dont have a _lot_ of
numbers as yet, however I do know that daily usage is likely to be in
the region of 150 - 180 GB.

For the 18 hrs that the machine was operational, mrtg reports average
b/w out was 45mbit/sec

What I would like to do is get a few machines setup, in rrdns and setup
a script to check mirror consistency and handle the domain zone file.
This should be the sort of setup we can easily transport to rpmrepo.org
once the time comes.