[users] libfribidi.so.0 issue

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue May 6 22:45:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Ralph Porter wrote:

> Thanks Fabian for helping out.  I'm a little new to linux.  I'm using RHEL 5 on a i386 box.  I use RHEL since that is what we have on the mainframe and part of this
> exercise iin frustration is to get me a little more familar with linux.
>
> Check yum config?
> Check yum cache?
>
> There is a clean options, but I was a little worried about doing that.
>
> here is the conf file
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> keepcache=0
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
> distroverpkg=redhat-release
> tolerant=1
> exactarch=1
> obsoletes=1
> gpgcheck=1
> plugins=1
> metadata_expire=1800

<snip again>

First thing : can you reply to the list and not only to myself ? ;-)
That will be easier for everybody to follow the thread (and avoid
top-posting too ...)

If you registered correctly your rhel 5 to rhn, you have access to the
standard rhel5 channels , including the desktop one ?
What's the result of `yum clean all ; yum -d 5 provides libfribidi.so.0` ?

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."