[users] Metadata broken for *at least* rh9

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon May 12 02:16:59 CEST 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:
> In any case, stating that the RPMforge metadata is corrupt is an
> oversimplification of the problem. It is either doing it like we do (and
> support apt) or not generate any metadata at all. Or we can dismiss this
> for a few years (like the past couple of years) and the problem will
> resolve itself... -sigh-

I completely fail to see why this is.

Is apt unable to look for metadata in a different location than yum ? or
are we unable to generate two sets of metadata, one tht works for apt
and another that works for yum ?

Also, something to keep in mind is that less than 2% of the userbase use
a package manager other than yum to access rpmforge repos ( based on a
15 day log file sample ). Surely the 98% that do use yum should not need
to put up with apt's issues.