[suggest] Fedora 10 is out, what shall we do about it?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 21:30:31 CET 2008

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>

>> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>>

>>> Fedora 10 just hit the servers. Dag, what can we do to support providing
>>> Fedora 9 and 10 build environments and updates from your very helpful site?
>>>
>> Good question. Relevant answers to the following required:
>>
>>   - Is there a need for RPMforge on Fedora 10 and Fedora 9 ?
>>

> Good question. Red Hat have added more packages and then there's that
> community epel repo too. But they still don't cover many perl modules and tool
> sets which RPMforge has.
>

>>   - If so, is Dries interested to work on Fedora 9 or 10 packages ?
>>
>>   - If not, is anyone else interested to build these packages, test and
>>     integrate them and making them available ?
>>

> I'm strictly an el4 and el5 person, I haven't used Fedora in years.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael.

I'd be interested in helping. I don't have any hosting space, since I'm
bopping back and forth between the UK and the US next month, and I
shouldn't take on such a long-term project until I know my worklife will
allow it, so I shouldn't be the lead. Maybe if someone else has hosting
space, even virtualized?