[users] Nagios upgrade

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Nov 5 09:41:45 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 16:42 +0100 schrieb Grant McChesney:

> Sorry, I didn't include the errors in my previous email.  I'll address
> them here.
>
> Nagios wouldn't initially start because time_change_threshold was
> null.  I set it to 900 after reading
> http://markmail.org/message/eu5v6kcljg3oahyp

As i just wrote to Filipe that is from the original nagios-tarball, and
actually i like the fact that nagios does not wun out of the box.

> Another issue I ran into was a change in the commands.cfg.  It looks
> like some of the command names have changed.  See following:
>
> Nagios 2 commands.cfg:
> notify-by-email
> host-notify-by-email
>
> Nagios 3 commands.cfg:
> notify-service-by-email
> notify-host-by-email

That is also from the nagios-tarball.

> I decided to move my hosts and services cfgs to the objects directory
> after reading through the nagios.cfg.  It looked it was best place for
> them.
Right, i just got a wrong impression from you 1st mail it seems.

> Let me reemphasize these were all minor issues, and I was up and
> running with Nagios in under an hour.

Oh OK! It sounded like a bigger issue to me before. So i think so far
we're doing still ok ;)

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach