[packagers] Re: [users] Dag's site not updated

Thu Nov 20 08:40:39 CET 2008

Sounds like a sensible proposal with all the information needed present.
It would probably be useful to see who initiated the build process (for
the feedback).

The publicly accessible buildlogs have always been very useful for me as
rpmforge user to give a focused feedback when a package was'nt available
in the repo the main point being that they were publicly accessible for
analysis.
With the current state (buildlogs not publicly available) I can't be of
any help in getting packages like GraphViz upgraded because I don't see
where the build process fails and blindly bugging the packers every now
and then is no fun.

My 2 cents.
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: packagers-bounces at lists.rpmforge.net
[mailto:packagers-bounces at lists.rpmforge.net] On Behalf Of Dag Wieers
Sent: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008 17:02
To: RPMForge Users List
Cc: packagers at lists.rpmforge.net
Subject: [packagers] Re: [users] Dag's site not updated

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>>  On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>>
>> >      Is there a reason why Dag's site is not updated as new
versions are
>> >  available (clamav, for example).
>>
>>  Yes, the reason is that that server is no longer being used to push
>>  packages and I did not have the time to update my PHP scripts.
>
> Fine, thanks for explaining.
> But are the build logs still available somewhere?
>
> They were a very useful resource, and I haven't been able to find them

> anymore, see
> http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/users/2008-September/001830.html

Indeed, we need to agree to a common format and filename convention
between Dries, Fabian and me.

My preferences goes to what I am using already:

  - A single compressed file per build:

       _buildlogs/viewvc-1.1.0-0.beta1.el5.test.noarch.ok.log.gz

    where the ok indicates a succesful build, and ko indicates a
failure.

  - Headers containing general information about the build environment
  - A copy of the SPEC file
  - A copy of the (macros substituted) expanded SPEC file
  - The buildlog itself
  - Return code

That is what I use lately. The macros-substituted (expanded) version of
the SPEC file is very handy to explain newcomers how macros work and
affect the resulting SPEC file.

The file looks like this: