[users] request: smplayer: Dries, please fix the SPEC

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sun Nov 30 17:51:45 CET 2008

Hello Dries,

Thank you very much for including smplayer in the repo. However, it
failed to build, so could you please check it out?

Just a few thoughts to help you out:

1) Thanks to Dag, we now have the buildlog available here:

http://packages.sw.be/smplayer/_buildlogs/smplayer-0.6.5.1-1.el5.rf.i386.ko.log.gz

2) It stucks, because you are trying to build it against Qt3, which is
the default on EL5. I worked around this issue by setting the default to
Qt4 on my own boxes, but I think you can use the following trick (found
this in the original SPEC from smplayer):

%define qmake qmake-qt4

%build
/usr/bin/make QMAKE=%{qmake} PREFIX=/usr

3) Please add qt4 to the Requires: list.

4) Still, it won't build because the code is incompatible with the
version of Qt, shipping with EL5. Please take advantage of the quick
patch I came up with (which I advertised earlier on the list):

http://rpm.zaytsev.net/smplayer/smplayer-0.6.5.1-centos5-zyv.patch

Basically is disabled HTTPS subtitles download which is based on QHttp
feature only available in Qt4.3+ and fixes to the UI, which are needed
because topMargin & friends are Qt4.3+ only.

Applying patches during the RPM rebuild is a bit of black magic to me so
you are on your own :-)

Hope that helps,

--
Sincerely yours,