[users] Nagios 3?

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 16 15:21:06 CEST 2008

Jim Perrin wrote on 10/15/08 9:32 PM:

> Both Christopher and I have done package specs for it that more or
> less allow for a seamless update from 2.x, however there are some
> variable changes in nagios 2.x-> 3.x that may cause issues.

Does it follow multiple levels of include files and so forth for
updating the configs?  Is there a tutorial or a quick rundown somewhere
of what the differences in the config file formats are from 2 -> 3?  In
our case we have a bunch of templates with Makefiles generating the
services and hosts configs based on information from other sources, and
I'm wanting to see how much change we'll need to make to update our
templates and so forth.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/