[users] Nagios 3?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Oct 16 22:49:41 CEST 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Christoph Maser wrote:
>
>> I have a spec file ready to release. I was just wondering if we should
>> announce it 1-2 Weeks in advance here.
>
> I was wondering if it should be released as nagios-3.0.4 package or
> nagios3-3.0.4 package.
>
> The latter one would not cause an overwrite without a deliberate action
> on the user end.

If there is no real need for it, I would prefer to keep the name of the
package nagios (like we did with the previous majot update). There is no
use in installing 2 nagios versions next to each other and, to be frank,
nobody should be automatically updating packages from RPMforge anyway.

I have confidence that Christoph will do a much better job maintaining
Nagios than me, so I fully support Christoph's decision on this one.