[users] Audacity vs. wxGTK 2.8

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 29 17:12:28 CEST 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:
>> I missed that post from dag, and am really not sure why things would
>> take 8 hrs.
> It is a lot of metadata :) Look at the timestamps on surya when we push
> a package in all repositories (this is what happens usually).

wow. I see what you mean. I wonder if its somehow fixable. Let me look
at the cache setups for createrepo and yum-arch. Iirc we were unable to
use those for rpmforge since we need a few more checks added onto the
top of the code.

I've been looking at the createrepo code recently along with some of the
other tools like insert_metadata. Lets see if we can 'fix' the cache
code too :D