[users] clamav-devel necessary for rar support (?)

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Tue Apr 7 23:51:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Geoff Hull wrote:
>
>  It appears that the clamav-devel package is necessary for the full
>>> functioning of clamd-0.95-1. Prior to installing clamav-devel, the clamd
>>> init script would emit this message:
>>>
>>> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen: file not found - unrar support
>>> unavailable
>>>
>>> The same message would occur when running clamscan from the command-line.
>>>
>>> What happens is that libclamav will look for the autoconf-generated
>>> libclamunrar_iface.la file to see what version of the libclamunrar_iface
>>> library it ought to open. If it doesn't find that file (which isn't packaged
>>> with the rpmforge packages), it looks for /libclamunrar_iface.so -- which is
>>> shipped with the clamav-devel package.

I just changed the clamav spec file, i added a very ugly fix which puts the
.so files in the clamav package instead of in the clamav-devel package. This
should make it possible for clamd to load the iface/unrar libraries..

Packagers/clamav experts: i don't know much about clamav so better fixes are
appreciated :-) If possible i'll try to figure out the clamd code tomorrow.

Dries