[users] Re: clamav-milter

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 8 00:53:45 CEST 2009

on 4-7-2009 1:42 PM Ugo Bellavance spake the following:
> Scott Silva a écrit :
>> on 4-6-2009 5:48 AM Ugo Bellavance spake the following:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     All the clamav packages have been updated, except clamav-milter, is
>>> there a reason?  Is it safe to run clamav-0.94 with other clamav
>>> packages with version 0.95?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Ugo
>> It is on the site, maybe its metadata didn't get updated yet.
>> I have local copies of el4 and 5 in x86_64 and i386 if you can't find it.
>>
>> It should be at http://apt.sw.be/redhat
>
> Oh, it looks like it isn't there only for el3... is there a reason?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ugo
I found the reason on the CentOS list;
<quote>

[OT]:
{
The clamav folks completely rewrote the milter in 0.95 to require sendmail-
13 or higher. For anyone with an old (RHEL/Centos 3.9) distro,  clamav-
milter-0.95  does not work with sendmail-12. I built and the installed  the
sendmail-13 rpm from the RHEL4 (Centos4 should also work) src.rpm
before building and installing the clamav-0.95 rpm on one old machine. It is
now receiving and filtering mail happily (allthough oblivious to its scheduled
July date with the hardware recycler). Clamdtop even works with Centos 3.9.

Someone may want to put sendmail-13 in the Centos 3.9 centosplus
directory. A "clamav-0.95-for-sendmail-13" could also be put in the rpmforge
updates for EL3, although there are probably few customers for that item.
}

</quote>